Okay enough of the mushy filler stuff (; what really got me on the computer was this awesome recipe I found on http://kathiecooks.blogspot.com... GARLIC CHICKEN! YUM!!
Sorry about the picture... This is what was left over in the pan... Haha I didn't think about it until after. Still looks yummy though, huh?
This is the recipe I used (with my alterations in yellow)
Prep Veggies:
Slice 1 zucchini, 1 pkg. fresh mushrooms, and 1 - 2 carrots into long strips. (You can use any of your favorite veggies). I used the carrots, green bell peppers and an onion
Prep Chicken:
Slice 1 - 2 chicken breasts into thin long strips.
Put in small bowl and add:
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. sugar
1 egg white
1 1/2 T. cornstarch
1 T. oil
Mix all together.
Prep Thickening Agent:
In small bowl put 2 T. cornstarch and a little bit of water. Stir.
Heat pan on high and add enough oil to generously cover the bottom of the pan. Cook a little bit of the chicken at a time in the hot oil. Remove and put on plate once cooked.
Deep fry veggies next using the same oil. Add carrots first because they take longer to cook than zucchini and mushrooms. Remove veggies from oil and put on another plate.
Add 1 1/2 T. minced garlic to pan (if there's a lot of oil left remove some just leaving a couple of Tablespoons). Saute garlic then add 1/2 inch water to the pan (while on high heat). Be really careful when adding the water! The combination with the oil made it splash up. Oops/Ouch
Add:
5 T. soy sauce
2 T. sugar
2 T. chinkiang vinegar I didn't have this so I just used apple cider vinegar
1/2 t. chili sauce (optional) didn't use
1/2 - 1 t. sesame oil didn't use either... I didn't have it, probably would have been better with it though! Who knows?
Add thickening agent a little at a time, stirring constantly while on high heat to thicken the sauce.
Add chicken to sauce and stir. Then add cooked veggies. Stir and serve with rice.
Yummy yummy in my tummy! We both really liked this dish! Let me know if you tried it and what you did differently!
Peace and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment