Friday, September 23, 2011

Birthday Weekend

Just in case ya'll didn't notice, Aaron and I basically share the same Birthday--mine is the day before his. It's kinda cool 'cause we are almost exactly 2 years apart! Well, needless to say, this special phenomenon causes for much celebration in the Best household. (: We started off the weekend with... BIRTHDAY CAKE! Not just any birthday cake: Homemade OREO CREAM CAKE.


Aaron insisted on eating it right after work (he gets home after 11 pm) he just couldn't wait for the next day! Can you blame him?
Silly, cute boy of mine (:


Blowing out the candle! 
(It sang "Happy Birthday" very annoyingly... perfect). 


Mmmm! It was very tasty and rich! 
NOT going to lie, we were both pretty impressed with my baking skills ;) 


Did you notice that there are no pictures of the birthday girl? 
This is because I was planning on doing the cake thing the next day... 
and was already ready for bed... (I mean c'mon it was 11!)
 I looked like a creature that only a devoted husband could love (:
hahahahaha. I make myself laugh.

THE NEXT DAY:

We decided to go eat at this cute little sandwich shop called Sensuous Sandwiches haha! Let me tell you: it was most definitely SENSUOUS. We plan on going back soon, it was delish and reasonably priced. (Aaron says it's even better than Jimmy Johns... I am undecided) Plus they have an eating challenge: eat a delicious TWO FOOT sandwich in like 30 mins... Please... Have you seen my husband eat? Some challenge ;) 


Afterwards we went to Wally World (Wal-Mart) to buy the supplies for our super fun activity/date! I got the idea from this website. It's called a watermark tee. Basically you draw a design with glue onto your white shirt, after it dries you dye it (you can buy fabric dyes at Wal-Mart) and the glue acts as a resistant. In other words, wherever you put the glue will remain white... Or at least that's the idea. ;)


His says: GOT SHOTPUT? on the front and then UVU TRACK on the back. Mine is pretty lame... just some diagonal stripes with a little doodle on the bottom corner (cropped out of the picture...FAIL.) I wasn't feeling the creative juices flowing, I guess. Next time (: 

I don't have pictures of the finished project just yet... we dyed them a light gray, and it worked pretty well! Really want to try it again. 

INTERMISSION: 

I made him take a ton of pictures with me... Isn't he so nice? (:


Just some silly pictures. If you can't read the quote it says: 
"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly. -Rose Franken." 
This is PERFECT for us. We are just plain silly. 
Our poor children will be so embarrassed and humiliated by us... especially when they are teenagers. (:


TO FINISH OFF THE WEEKEND:

To finish off our celebration we opened presents, went out to dinner at none other than PF Chang's, and then wandered aimlessly in the nearby mall. 
It was marvelous. (: 



Oh, cute note: there was a darling wishing well in the mall, we made wishes and shared our dreams/goals with each other. May not sound like much, but it was a tender moment. I love him. So much. 


So... um... HAPPY BIRTHDAY from us to you...? (: 
the end.

Peace and love. 


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to both of you. It sounds like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete