Hey look! It's me! Blogging! Wow, it’s a miracle (; I couldn't help myself. Aaron and I went to this fun Celtic Festival in Wellsville with his family this weekend. It was awesome to show some of my Scottish pride and see what it meant to be Scottish. They had all sorts of fun booths, selling things from Celtic food to jewelry, swords and knifes, to kilts and apparel! They also had entertainment like dances and my favorite—bagpipe music!
Aaron’s favorite part was watching the Highland Games… naturally (: we watched huge men throw incredibly heavy stuff… so it was right up Aaron’s alley; he’s really excited to compete next year! I’m not so sure though… it all seemed a little too dangerous. I’d just worry, but he’d love it!
Everything was great EXCEPT for that blasted sun! It was deathly hot and no shade trees to be seen so we all sweat it out and got lovely sunburns.
Here are a few pictures of our adventures there:
This is the whole crew! Everyone except for Kaylee ):
Cute little candy shop!
Celtic knifes
Aaron and I got leather Celtic love knot bracelets (: awe, he's so cute. Apparently the guy got them from Ireland, so that's pretty cool (:
Alice got all the girls these cute and fun hair wrap thingys. I am in love with them! It's perfect for keep my little curly bangs out of my face.
They had what they called "clan booths" where each family had a little booth filled with their family plaid and crest and information about what they did for Scotland or Ireland. I looked everywhere for the Campbell Clan Booth and this is all I found ): apparently the guy who was supposed to run the booth was sick.
The guy in the booth right next to this though gave me some really cool information. He had the coolest Scottish accent! He said that Scotland would not be here if not for the Campbell's! Then he went on forever about his reason's why... yeah, needless to say, I was pretty proud to be a former Campbell (;
Well, I was pretty dumb to not take any pictures of the Highland Games, but I asked Aaron to find me some cool videos of the throws that they do and this is what he came up with. These guys are pretty impressive!
This one is called the Caber Toss! Incredible.
This throw scares me the most! They throw 56 pounds up over their heads with one hand! AHHH! This guy makes it look easy though.
Throwing 72 pound stones... no biggie.
And finally they throw something similar to the weight throw in modern day Track and Field but instead of weighing 35lb these weigh in at 56lb!
I have to admit, that this festival was a lot of fun! Next summer I'll be posting videos of Aaron throwing and not some strangers on Youtube! Pretty fun to watch though (:
School starts tomorrow for Aaron and I! Wish us luck. Peace and Love.

No comments:
Post a Comment