Saturday, May 21, 2011

Married life in Provo

Well, I have kinda been wanting to pull together a blog for awhile now, but didn't know what the heck I was doing. After seeing my sister make one I finally decided it was time.

Aaron and I are currently in Provo, in a teeny-tiny basement apartment. It is pretty ghetto, but super cheap which is what we wanted. Life has been really slow out here, I don't know very many people and the job search has proven to be a bit frustrating. So what's a girl to do while she waits? Go to the Library! Luckily we live a block away from the library and I have had so much fun there!

My latest project is this:

Calligraphy! I have always wanted to learn how to write beautifully and I have learned so much. Did you know that there are actually professional calligraphers? They make fonts for computers and do wedding announcements and cards, ect. Calligraphy is Greek and literally means beautiful writing. So I bought this marker/pen to practice with:

Eventually I will get the real ink calligraphy pens; you actually dip these special pens in ink! How fun is that? I can't wait. K, don't make fun, but it is actually really hard! You have to hold the pen at a certain angle and write with your arm (vs. your wrist like normal writing). Well, here comes the moment of truth... This is my first few attempts of calligraphy. The first one is one of my favorite poems entitled "Trees" by Joyce Kilmer:

Practicing our address so I can put it on our envelopes once I perfect it:

One of the other things that I have found pleasure in is painting my toes! I know that sound ridiculous, but it's been fun trying new designs on my toesies. Here's a few of the designs I've done:






Well that's just about it (: peace out blogging world.

3 comments:

  1. WAHOO!!!!!! I love blogs and I love that you guys have them now!!!! YEA!!!! Cute toes, BTW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful writing already. I'm proud of your accomplishment in this field. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Danielle! We're blogging sisters, lol! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete