Thursday, May 26, 2011

The latest with Aaron!

     The last post was pretty much all about me, so this is for Aaron. Aaron is currently majoring in Finance at UVU, I’ve never seen him more excited about school or any other topic; he lives and breathes this stuff. So several weeks ago he was offered a job at Primerica (a type of financial firm) which is awesome because it is very similar to the career he hopes to have someday. The best thing about this job is that they are paying for all of his certifications! It's basically like a paid internship. This last week he got his Life Insurance Certification. I am so proud! 




It’s a lot of work learning how all this stuff works. Some of the concepts are so complicated that I can't wrap my head around them. I'm glad he enjoys learning about it. We’re both really excited because in just 2-3 years he will graduate with a bachelor’s degree in finance and be a Certified Financial Planner (or CFP), have several certifications, as well as 2-3 years of experience! Which makes for a pretty nice resume (: For all ya’ll who don’t know what a Financial Planner is or does, they can work with individuals, families, or companies. Some of the services he'll be able to provide are:

* helping people/families get out of debt, and teach them how money works
*selling health, life, and auto/home insurances
*helping people and companies to know where and how to invest their money to fit their needs, wants, and goals
*dealing with all types of retirement plans
*help refinance homes and whatnot.

I am probably missing a lot of other things that he can do… That is the general idea though. The thing I am most excited about is that he can handle all our finances and budgeting! YAY! (:

Just to catch up on some more fun stuff about Aaron... While preparing for his interview with Primerica, he asked if I would cut his hair for him… we got some awesome and hilarious pictures out of this, and he made quite the transformation!

Before Pictures: Notice the beard… Can you say mountain man? 




I couldn't help but have a little fun while buzzing his hair, so this is him humoring me... Pretty funny! Transformation from mountain man to bad boy:



And finally here is the final outcome, he was tired of pictures... and is usually not the most willing model. I still love him though (:


So just a few more pictures of our life lately, a couple weeks ago we decided to hike Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon. It was really fun, we love being outside... and guess what? It was actually warm! WOO HOO (: here's some snapshots from that day:













No comments:

Post a Comment